Our expertise sub-divides into four practice groups:
Construction and Architects’ Law
It is essential to maintain a comprehensive perspective. This especially applies to complex construction projects that take several years to realize.
Economic and technical conditions govern the construction of office buildings, hotels, residential and logistics properties, civil engineering works, or other major projects. According to planning law, we thoroughly clarify and monitor these conditions. In close collaboration with authorities, engineers, and business people. This is how we develop optimal legal solutions that form a solid foundation for such demanding ventures.
Of course, our clients can also count on our expertise in specific matters of building law.
Our activities in this context focus on:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with project management, planners, and builders
- Advice during construction
- Advising on construction matters in crisis situations (supplements, disrupted construction processes, impact on deadline and financial viability, termination, non-performance, insolvency of parties involved in the construction project, etc.)
- Construction awards
- Collateral in construction
- Handling warranty claims
- Litigation (representation in arbitration expert and arbitral proceedings as well as before ordinary courts)
Public Construction and Planning Law
In cities that never sleep, various lifestyles coexist. Which entails that diverse interests have to be balanced. For this reason, our Public Construction and Planning Practice Group combines the competence of lawyers with the expertise of city planners and architects to make the city of tomorrow a reality.
Real Estate Management
Special legal issues frequently need to be clarified in the administration and marketing of real estate. Based on our many years of industry expertise, we support clients in strategic decision-making processes and projects, in addition to advising and representing them in contract matters.
Our Real Estate Management Practice Group advises on topics such as:
- Asset management (strategic property management)
- Property management
- Facility management
- Risk management and compliance
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Enforcement and defense of claims in ongoing contract relationships, early termination of contracts (where required)
In particular, this involves questions such as:
- Renting out and leasing (in particular, commercial real estate on behalf of landlords and tenants)
- Energy supply of properties (including heat and energy contracting)
- Technical supply of properties (TV and cable contracts for real estate portfolios, comprehensive elevator management, etc.)
- Other real estate-related topics such as handling hazardous substances on and in buildings, issues of misuse, business improvement districts, etc.
Real Estate Transactions
Our transaction lawyers handle the acquisition and sale of real estate and real estate portfolios, whether on share deals or asset deals, and across all asset classes. In such diverse industries as retail, hospitality, logistics, housing, and health care, office buildings or municipal infrastructure.
This includes such services as:
- Transactional structuring (data room, letter of intent, exclusivity and non-disclosure agreements)
- Due diligence
- Contract negotiation and design
- Sale & leaseback transactions
- Acquisition finance
- Tax structuring
- Closed-end funds structuring
- Notary’s services and land register transaction